Dear Parents / Carers
Following the Prime Minister’s speech on 30th December 2020, I am now writing to let you know that we have been instructed by the government to close the school from Monday 4th January until Friday 15th January 2021.
We will only be able to stay open for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will need to continue their learning from home until the restrictions are lifted.
Vulnerable children are those who:
- Have a child in need plan or child protection plan
- Are looked after by the local authority
- Have an education, health and care (EHC) plan and have been determined, following risk assessment, that their needs can be as safely or more safely met at school
Have been assessed as otherwise vulnerable by the school or LA, including children who are:
- On the edge of receiving support from children’s social care services
- Living in temporary accommodation
- Young carers
Critical workers are those who work in:
- Health and social care
- Education and childcare
- Key public services (including the justice system, religious staff, charities delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, and journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting)
The local and national government who are involved in delivering the coronavirus response or essential public services
- Food and other necessary goods
- Public safety and national security
- Utilities, communication and financial services
Vulnerable children and the children of critical workers who will be attending school will be accessing the same lessons being taught by their teachers remotely, as their peers at home. The children will be supervised by teaching assistants and senior staff.
All other children will need to continue their learning from home until the restrictions are lifted.
We will let you know as soon as the government updates us on the safe return to school or otherwise through the school website and App.